Wednesday, May 22, 2019

Annual Birthday Trek

Today's Trike Travel Tracking

Well, today I turned 72 years of aged.  As the saying goes, if I'd known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself.  Ha Ha.
The last 2 birthdays I have been able to celebrate by riding my trike a mile for each year of age I'd attained.  This year, with the foot problems I've been having, I thought I'd be lucky to achieve 7.2 miles.  My feet, however, have been improving to the point I was able to achieve a squeak over 11 miles.  I just rode around the outskirts of Mountain Grove until the GPS indicated my minimum 7.2 miles and then returned home, assuming by then I would have achieved 10 miles.  When I rode back into the yard, the GPS indicated only 9-something miles, so I thought I'd let it go at that.
Once inside the house I realized I had not delivered a couple of birthday cards Jacque had laid out for her side of the fam, so I rode back the short trip across the tracks to the Post Office.  Of course when I got there I realized I had ridden away withOUT the cards I'd so carefully set on the side in the garage when I backed the trike outside again.  Thus I racked up another short trip back to the house and then successfully placing the cards in the OUT box at the Post Office.  Thankfully, again, this is a very short trip, totaling only 1.88 miles for the dual trip.  At least it put me over 10 miles for my gonzo birthday ride.
I had to take off earlier this morning because of severe weather warnings for thunderstorms and possible tornado warnings forecast for the afternoon.
The weather for most of the ride was cloudy and cool, with not a drop of rain hitting me in spite of the surrounding clouds.  Actually great for riding.
Halfway through the ride I was approaching the Senior Center in the middle  of town and noticed the parking lot was full, which usually indicates good food on the menu - for cheap senior prices ($3.50 each ).  I called Jacque and she drove over and ate lunch with me.  As usual here in the South/Midwest, there was an old-timers live band consisting of two guitar pickers and a female singer accompanist, and they played some good old dancing tunes, to which Jacque and I danced with "gay abandon".
Then I saddled up the trike again to finish my birthday ride.
Later, after returning home, we had to make a high speed run to Springfield to pick up a VA prescription refill.  The rains were pouring and the winds were howling and the radio was warning "Take Cover, Take Cover" as we drove through the threatened area along Route 60.  We slowed quite a bit due to high winds and poor visibility but made it there find and dandy.
On the way back home we passed a few wrecks facilitated by the nasty weather, as well as some visible wind shear/tornado damage, with some large trees uprooted adjacent to the highway and a tall Taco Bell sign  that had been completely stripped of it's outer signage, leaving a few strings of backlights still glowing.
All's well that ends well.....

Ride Started:  10:19 AM        Ride Ended:  2:27 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  14.0  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9 Lowest Voltage:  12.4
Beginning Blood Glucose:  140     Ending BG: 128
Lowest Temp:  61 F    Highest Temp:  71 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  11.69

Distance Walked: 1/4 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
   3.2   MPH                           5.7  MPH            18.8 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped Time
 3 hours 34 mins                  2 hours 42
 mins   1 hour  37 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment