Friday, May 17, 2019

Training for the Big Time..

Today's Tracking, Short Though it is

After spending most of the day in Springfield, none of it by bike or trike, we finally arrived home about 3:30 PM.  My aged and normally sore feet had not presented much discomfort all day, in spite of being clad in socks and shoes all day.  Thus I was all primed for a few miles of triking to stretch the legs.  I also want to do at least a few miles each day, in hopes of increasing my stamina and endurance.  Yes, I'm a year older than I was a year ago, but I violently dislike the seemingly sudden onset of OLD AGE, or the symptoms thereof.
For some reason, my feet began feeling discomfort almost as soon as we got home from the trip to Springfield.  I'd already committed myself to an afternoon ride, so I took off anyway.  Even with pain in the feets, riding around under your own steam with the breeze in your face is always enjoyable.
The curious looks and waves from passers-by don't hurt either.
We've had beautiful weather the last few days and today was no exception.  High 70's or low 80's and enough of a breeze to help.  The forecasts for this weekend are more onerous, with thunderstorms and associated possibilities.  We'll see.

Ride Started:  5:23 PM        Ride Ended:  5:42 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.8  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.8 Lowest Voltage:  12.8
Beginning Blood Glucose:  172     Ending BG: 51
Lowest Temp:  75 F    Highest Temp:  78 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  2.13

Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
   6.9   MPH                           7.4  MPH            17.9 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped Time
 19 minutes                         17
 minutes            2 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment