Thursday, May 30, 2019

Short Ride, Found Treasure

Today's Zig-Zag GPS Tracking

Well, today being Thursday and no riding since Monday, I came up with a decent excuse to ride at least a little bit today:  Cleaning out our ever-replenishing corrugated cardboard stack.  I flatten all such boxes and put them in a pile in the garage until there's enough to load up in the trailer for a trip to our local recycler.  Since moving in here, we've contributed quite a few loads, but we continue to build up pile after pile with incoming packages and whatnot.  We've never gotten any money for these piles of cardboard.  One reason is there's never anyone present at the recycling center.  Still, since i hate to throw anything away, I'm happy to donate to their pile.
Today, instead of using the bigger trailer towed by our Ford Exploder, I hooked up the little single-wheel B.O.B. trailer and loaded it up with cardboard and delivered it via foot-power.

My gimpy feet started hurting worse and earlier than usual, so I came right back to the house for (a) disconnecting  the trailer, and (b) taking a rest break.  After 20 or 30 minutes of loafing I resumed my trip, expecting to get in another 5 miles or so.
As I rounded a corner entering Morris Street, I saw a pile of second hand windows and casings with a hand lettered \sign next to them saying "FREE".  This distracted me sufficiently to turn me around for home to retrieve that good ole bigger trailer and Ford Exploder to take advantage of this treasure.
I say "treasure" with a bit of tongue in cheek since most of the windows have rotted wooden casings and broken panes, but it also included a couple of aluminum frame windows with glass intact.   Since our house needs some additional storm windows and the garage has several broken panes, I consider it well worth hauling the entire pile for the benefit of the few useful pieces.

Jacque went with me on this errand to help load our dusty goods.  Since my footsies were still complaining, I forsook the original goal of five miles and am loafing with feet cooling in the air even as this epistle is written.

Ride Started:  12:09 PM      Ride Ended:  1:47 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.95  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0 Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:    292     Ending BG: 195
Lowest Temp:  67 F    Highest Temp:  75 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  3.22

Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
   2.0   MPH                           5.3  MPH            15.5 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped Time
 1 hour 38 mins                  36
 minutes           1 hr 2 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment