Tuesday, October 8, 2019

And Another Excuse To Ride

Tracking via APRS, GPS, and Ham Radio

Lost sleep.  Silly Lilly woke me whining a couple times during the wee hours.  She shushed for a couple hours after a sleepy rebuke from us, but started in for earnest at 4:40 AM, exactly 20 minutes before the alarm was to go off.  I drearily got up, put my night-coat on, and walked the dog until she did her business, then went inside with her and proceeded to do MY morning business, since there was little use trying to get any sleep for 5 or 10 minutes.
When we got to the church building for early morning seminary, starting at 6:30 sharp, our young piano player discovered the piano didn't work.  So we sang our song with vocal music (?) only.
When we got hone I was so bushed I went back under the covers (the local weather has cooled noticeably) and took at least a couple hours of nappy time.  Felt great.  Getting up so early seems to really tire us both out.  Especially me.
When I lazily and finally got out of bed it was almost noon.  I had decided I wanted to take a voltmeter back to the seminary piano and check to see what was wrong.  We'd had a huge lightning storm over the weekend and I thought perhaps it might be only a circuit breaker needing resetting.
This desire morphed into a great excuse for taking a trike ride, especially since my cheapie voltmeters are small and light, thanks to the blessings of modern electronics.
So I saddled up and went. 
The local weather again is cooler than usual so it was quite a pleasant ride, even though I was wearing SOCKS this time.  I didn't stop for my usual Walmart soda.  I figured I could do that on the way home.
It was only when I pulled into the church parking lot that I remembered I had NOT brought the necessary keys.  I had to call Jacque and be nice to her,  so she would drive over and bring me the keys.
Waiting for Jacque to bring me the Keys

Sadly, the problem inside was not simply a circuit breaker.  Full 120 Volts AC was present at the desired outlet, but nothing was coming out of the inline power supply.
It didn't take long to pry the little plastic box apart with my Gerber knife/tool, and sure enough, there was a huge blackened area on the little circuit board where copper traces used to be.  I took all the burnt pars home to see if I had an old power supply that could be adapted. 
No such luck, so I borrowed the battery out of my bike pack.  By the time I had piddled around with all this, it was bedtime. (YAWN)

Ride Started:   11:55 AM      Ride Ended:  3:10 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.8  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0   Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:  142      Ending BG: 113
Lowest Temp:  64 F    Highest Temp:  75  F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  6.59
Distance Walked: .5 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  3.2 
MPH                             5.6 MPH              19.5 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 2 hours 4 mins
                    57 minutes           1 hour 7 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment