Thursday, October 24, 2019

Ride When it's Rainy

Today's Short but Soggy Tracking

Today we awoke to drizzling rain, which threatened to last all day long.  Consulting the weather forecast was no source of encouragement.  So we lounged around the house with cabin fever most of the day.  Late in the PM the rain seemed to be stopping and the skies were lighting up a bit.  I had to stretch for an excuse to go for a ride, but I needed some copper tubing and fittings for work under the house.  The local electric and plumbing supply stores were  not sufficiently far away for satisfaction, but with the spotty weather I figured it was far enough.
I use the B.O.B. trailer for hauling such "freight", so I had to drag it out of the garage as well.  Fortunately it's not a difficult hook-up, and I was soon on my way.
The outside temperature was not quite 50 degrees, and the humidity was above 80%, so I again added a couple more layers on the outside of my shirt.  I did NOT get overheated, and didn't remove any layers until I got back home.
I also wore real shoes, that completely covered my feet, with real SOCKS today.  I haven't done that while riding in a month or more.  I certainly didn't regret it today, as the normally overly hot feet enjoyed the protection from the coolness.
Of course the first shoppe did not have all the parts I needed so I had to ride another quarter mile or so to Miller Electric & Plumbing which had a great selection of everything I needed.  That is, except for MONEY.  Copper tubing at 6 bucks a FOOT?  And I needed 12 feet of the stuff?  Over a hundred and a quarter for a few bits of copper and brass.....  You people think Trump is the problem?
The world will END if such prices keep climbing.  I shudder to contemplate what having a professional installer would cost including parts and labor.  ACK
For some odd reason, the rain did not resume during the entirety of this short excursion.
There IS a God, after all, and He is certainly good to me....

Ride Started:    4:15 PM      Ride Ended:  5:01 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  14.0  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0   Lowest Voltage:  13.0
Beginning Blood Glucose:  188      Ending BG: 113
Lowest Temp:  50 F    Highest Temp:  50  F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   1.96
Distance Walked: .6 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  2.3 
MPH                             5.9 MPH               18.8 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 51 minutes
                         20 (!) minutes        30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment