Wednesday, October 23, 2019

To Save the Sanity

Today's Shortened Route Tracked

Today I was again a bit lacking in motivation, but again, realizing getting out in the wind improves such motivation, I dragged the Catrike out of the garage and went for a windy-day ride.
Jacque had been out of town most of the day helping a neighbor take her elderly brother to the  Texas County Hospital in Houston, MO.  He had taken a tumble and broke his head open, bleeding quite badly.  We learned this when they pulled into our driveway madly honking their horn.  Jacque drove their car hurriedly to the med facility while I stayed home with the dogs.  
Jacque was thus gone a while, and she walked up to the house just as I was hooking up the power to the electronics on the trike.  She is SO kind and understanding of my trike habit and gracefully allowed me to take off again.
Not only does riding help reduce my Blood Sugar readings for diabetes, and improve my moods, provide fun, etc, but I recently saw a few announcements that exercise actually wards off mental illness and dementia.  In my case, I find that motivating to say the least.  Stay tuned;  I'll try to let y'all know how it works out.
Today being Wednesday, we have  seminary classes at 5:00 PM, so I decided to cut the ride a bit short to make sure I got home in time.  As a result, I rode a few streets I'm not that familiar with, lessening the boredom factor.  Great stuff.

Ride Started:    2:25 PM      Ride Ended:  3:14 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.2  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0   Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:  171      Ending BG: 104
Lowest Temp:  68 F    Highest Temp:  71  F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   4.06
Distance Walked: .6 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  5.1 
MPH                             6.8 MPH               19.2 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 48 minutes
                         36 minutes           12 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment