Saturday, October 5, 2019

Knocking Around Town

Today's APRS/GPS Tracking

Jacque and I attended an auction around the corner from our house today.
It was the contents of a deceased Grandpa's woodworking shop, and I was shocked at how cheap most things went for, in spite of the abundance of bidders on site.
I purchased a used table saw from an ad on Facebook Marketplace a week ago for $50, thinking it a bargain, and still thinking so.  This auction had 6 or 7 table saws in newer condition than mine, and the highest bids for any was $50, with most selling in thee $30-$40 range.  We only picked up a couple of vibrating sanders, for a total of $17 and change.  I handed the cashier $20 and asked her to keep the change.
This was a tough crowd today, with lots of interest but few and low bids.  Probably tens of thousands of dollars' worth of hardware brought in maybe 3 or 4 thousand in sale cash.
If I had been younger I would have driven up that revenue quite a bit to set up a rather complete workshop.  As it is I'm committed to only adding a few needed items for our remodeling, though I do regret selling so many of the tools I USED to have before we moved from New Mexico.
After getting home and watching the morning session of General Conference, Jacque and our dear neighbor/friend Dianne drove to Walmart and I saddled up for a trike ride.
I rode out by the now-fading auction, just in case something valuable had remained unbidden, but all was done and being loaded into various trucks.
Jacque had said they were going for some missing ingredients for chocolate brownies so I didn't want to be late for those delights, so I did not try to do a frog-strangler distance.
Jacque somewhere found a "new recipe" for brownies - and - they did not disappoint.
I rode a bit over 5 miles on my loop today and enjoyed the cooler weather a LOT.  The temperature comparison between here and Yuma flip-flopped these last 2 days, with 82 for a high here and 96 in Yuma, which is the more normal course of life.  Whatever that is.

Ride Started:   1:17 PM      Ride Ended:  2:07 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.0  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0   Lowest Voltage:  13.0
Beginning Blood Glucose:  290      Ending BG: 76
Lowest Temp:  75 F    Highest Temp:  78  F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  5.51
Distance Walked: 1 mile +-
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  4.5 
MPH                             5.6 MPH              19.5 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 50 minutes
                         47 minutes           3 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment