Friday, October 25, 2019

Several Miles Without Really Going Anywhere

GPS was spotty so this plot shows the route


Today was again rainy, dank, and cold.  The enthusiasm for riding in such weather can be difficult to muster.
As usual, though, the clouds cleared a bit and the rains stopped later in the day, so I again chose to burn down the blood sugar at least a little and boost the morale by dragging the trike out again.
It was sufficiently cold that I not only wore 3 layers of shirts, but also enclosed shoes with socks and FULL fingered gloves.  I dug through my almost - forgotten stash of cold weather cycling gear and found ONE of my flap-open mittens that I prefer to wear, so I had to wear the fingered gloves which helped a bit but my fingers don't like being isolated when in cold weather - they prefer to lounge together inside mittens.  Ah Well.  Hopefully I'll discover missing items soon.
Just riding same routes over and over can get a bit dull, so I decided to just randomly zig-zag around Mountain Grove to get in some miles without taking my well-known outer routes on the outskirts around the area.  Not only less boring, but I got to see some more streets and neighborhoods I'm unfamiliar with.
Today was the usual mix of reactions from motorists and pedestrians I encountered, from big waves and flashing headlights to weird looks and - in the case of a female walker I passed close to - pretending I was invisible.  Which was hopefully not the case since I was running the headlamp on the front of the helmet as well as the flashing red tail light - since full sunshine was not in abundance.

Ride Started:    3:19 PM      Ride Ended:  4:22 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.7  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0   Lowest Voltage:  13.0
Beginning Blood Glucose:  253      Ending BG: 163
Lowest Temp:  44 F    Highest Temp:  46  F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   6.31
Distance Walked: .6 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  6.6 
MPH                             6.9 MPH               22.3 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 57 minutes
                         55 minutes          2 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment