Friday, January 15, 2021

Probably Should have Stayed Home

Snowy and Cold GPS/Ham Radio Tracking 

Blame it on Jacque.  She took off in the Ford for some shopping and I was left to fend for myself.

NO, it's not her fault.   I'm ALWAYS looking for excuses to pedal around.

Trouble is, the weather was - for once - fulfilling the weatherman's predictions.
It was blowing and snowing and COLD outside, but I figured  I could do a short ride by riding only around a couple blocks to the closest hardware store and grocery store.
Even though I stuck to this philosophy, it was a tad miserable.  Thankfully nothing was slick from sidewalks to streets. 
Since I was low on diet soda, I hitched up the B.O.B. trailer.
I had to swipe snow off my seat to get on board, and every time I stopped, more snow had to be removed.  It wasn't yet accumulating that much but for it coated my seat and gloves all over.
For some reason I got more odd looks from passers-by than usual.


The wind was cold and the snow blasting me in the face diminished my enjoyment somewhat.  Pedaling homeward, the wind was almost directly head-on into my face, which enhanced my motivation to get it on and get home.
Later in the evening, we drove a few blocks to eat out (Friday night, ya know).
Snow was still falling and starting to really stick, but not too slick yet.
When I walked the doggies a few minutes ago, it was slick and icy on any hard surface.  I stuck to walking on the grass which still provided some traction.
Thankfully the girls did their business promptly.  Safe inside now and the heat and electricity is still on.  The forecast high 60 MPH winds have not yet shown up.
Praying for mercy.

Ride Started: 11:58 AM           Ride Ended: 12:30 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.7   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 30 F Highest Temp: 38 F
Beginning Blood Glucose: 113    Ending BG: 84
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 1.39 (!?!)
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 2.6 MPH                              6.2 MPH            15.3 MPH
Total Trip Time                    Moving Time      Stopped Time
 32  minutes                          13 minutes        19 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment