Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Sunny but Breezy....

 North to South and Back Again Track

Just another trip to our Big Box Store for some fresh veggies and to our great local Ace Hardware for some wire and clamps for my HF Ham Radio antenna project.  Fun ride, as usual, even if my feet DID start talking to me.

I also experienced another first today:  A "Telephone Doctor Visit".
The VA is having lots of exposure of patients with our current world wide panic-epidemic, or "Pandemic" strain of viral infection called COVID-19.
I had previously been scheduled for an in-person visit to the VA facility in Springfield, but with the current scare the Doc had called and asked if I would be willing to do it remotely via telephone instead of risking coming in for a close-up visit.  I had agreed. 
I was advised to be fasting, for some odd reason.  When the Doc finally called, all he did was ask lots of questions about my aches and pains and pills and whatnot.  He asked if I'd been hospitalized recently for any reason and I chose to tell him the story of my comatose incident of December 9.  He wasn't too surprised at the tale, and basically said he thought I was doing fairly well in spite of everything.
When he learned I was unnecessarily fasting, he said they would set me up for "Labs" in the morning so I wouldn't have to keep starving myself today.  So tomorrow we're doing the Springfield excursion.

Ride Started: 1:28 PM           Ride Ended: 3:23 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.4   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 42 F Highest Temp: 53 F
Beginning Blood Glucose: 366 (!!)    Ending BG: 197
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 6.09
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 4.1 MPH                              6.1 MPH            24.5 MPH
Total Trip Time                    Moving Time      Stopped Time
 1 hour 29  minutes                59 minutes          30 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment