Monday, January 11, 2021

Too Cold to Pay the Bills ?

 Very Short Tracking Today

We spent over half the day traveling to and from West Plains.
On the way home, the SUN actually come out and brightened up the gloom from the last several freezing days.
We decided it was going to be a great day for a trike ride.
I pondered deeply what route I could take for maximum exercise and enjoyment.
After a couple minutes I gave up and thought I'd likely just roam around town a bit.
Suddenly I remembered an email I'd gotten earlier this morning.
Our local heating and cooling firm had relocated our air conditioner from the back of the house - where we plan to build Jacque's sewing room addition - to the side of the house where it would no longer be in the way.  They didn't leave an invoice or bill with us, saying they would mail it to us.  That was around 3 weeks ago.
This morning the bill/invoice showed up in my email, and recalling this reminded me I could use this for an excuse to take a trike ride.  I usually pay my bills electonically, but this firm didn't offer that option, so I needed to either mail it or go over and pay in person.  

So I saddled up the trike.  It was a tad colder than it looked like from inside the house looking out the window, but I figured I would stay fairly warm pedaling along.
It didn't work out that way.  It was bitter cold starting out and stayed that way as I rode, in spite of the beautiful sunshine.  

I had planned to stop at the shop, pay my bill, and ride on around town for a reasonable ride.  Howsomever, by the time I got there I had decided wimping out was a better option.  I paid the bill, turned around, and rode HOME.
Not sure this was any colder than other cold days I've ridden, but this time it got to me.

Maybe a longer ride tomorrow..... Hopefully the sun will come out again.

Ride Started: 2:38 PM           Ride Ended: 3:00 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.7 Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 32 F Highest Temp: 42 F
Beginning Blood Glucose: 171    Ending BG: 137
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 2.11
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 1.4 MPH                              6.2 MPH            25.1 MPH
Total Trip Time                    Moving Time      Stopped Time
 22  minutes                         18 minutes         4 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment