Friday, January 15, 2021

Running Outa Sunshine

 Today's Frigid (?) Route

Thursday was a little cool, but mostly sunny.
As usual we had items to pick up at the local Big Box Store, so it was a sufficient excuse to saddle up the Catrike for a ride.
I'd only gone a mile or so when seemingly suddenly it got DARK, and as I looked toward where the sun was - only moments earlier - the horizon was filled with threatening-looking clouds.  I didn't want to turn around to abort the mission, but I lacked enthusiasm for getting caught in any outpouring of rain or snow, so I tried to pedal faster.

I got several shout-outs of encouragement from passing motorists as I went along, and arrived safely at the Big Box Store.  Their selection of fresh veggies was sadly lacking, but I gathered up what I could and paid the automated  cashier and left.
Made it home without incident, even with stiff head and side - winds.  The double bags I suspended the groceries from was sagging sadly as I pedaled "furiously" along, and I stuck my hand underneath the bag several times as I rolled along to make sure it wasn't actually touching the pavement.  When I got home the bag was still thankfully intact but the bike pouch from which it was suspended was bent over almost flat.  I need to figure out a more reliable way to hang shopping bags back there when I don't have the wonderful B.O.B. trailer attached.

Ride Started: 10:15 AM           Ride Ended: 11.32 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.5 Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp:   46 F Highest Temp: 53 F
Beginning Blood Glucose: 131    Ending BG: 84
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 5.89
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
4.8 MPH                              7.3 MPH            22.5 MPH
Total Trip Time                    Moving Time      Stopped Time
 1 hour 14  mins                    49 minutes        25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment