Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Well, Hey, the Sun Came Up Today

Today's predictable GPS Track 

My young buddy Jack came over today but it was still a tad too cold (I thought) to take him for a ride.  Even though it was a bright sunny day;  good stuff.
It started to warm up about the time he and his Mom left here, around noonish.
I spent an hour or so working on my HF Ham Radio shortwave dipoles, which I plan to string between our huge trees in the yard, hoping they work decently and survive the constant wear and tear from falling branches, scrambling squirrels, and whatnot.
Knowing that it would only get cooler later in the afternoon, I cut the antenna project short so I could drag out the Catrike   for a ride.
It seemed warm enough that I didn't put on my warm skull cap, though I did wear my heavy coat and mittens.  I started out with the finger flaps open but within a block or two folded them out to cover the cold pinkies.
Our local thrift store had stopped accepting donations a couple weeks ago, but somewhere in the last few days started accepting again.  We had a few bags of STUFF intended for such a destination so I hitched up the B.O.B. trailer to haul that stuff.
By the time I got that stuff delivered, it was approaching 4 PM, and it has been getting dark and colder shortly after that hour so I cut my ride short and did not ride all the way to our local Big Box Store to purchase the few items I had on my list.  Maybe tomorrow.... if the sun keeps shining.

Ride Started: 3:04 PM           Ride Ended: 3:41 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.0 Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 46 F Highest Temp: 53 F
Beginning Blood Glucose: 176    Ending BG: 70
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 4.12
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 5.9 MPH                              7.4 MPH            21.7 MPH
Total Trip Time                    Moving Time      Stopped Time
 42  minutes                         33 minutes          8 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment