Monday, July 18, 2016

Can't Go Far in 1 Hour but Need to Go Anyways

No Tracking from this morning.  I didn't realize until just now when I went to look at the aprs.fi link to track the trike there was NOTHING this morning, in spite of more than an hour's ride.  I just got back in the air conditioned RV after repairing another broken antenna connection at the feedpoint, a common failure with J pole antennsa.  Oh Well.  Maybe Manana.....
I awoke promptly at 5 AM this morning and loafed only a few minutes before saddling up to ride but, again, was aghast at how much time I'd wasted getting READY to roll:  It was a quarter to 6 before I actually pedaled away into the short lived darkness.
I actually remembered the GoPro vid-cam today but will have to see about processing it down enough to squeeze in a few clips into this blog entry. VOILA:  Actually got a mini-video of this morning's ride...

Just a few minutes later starting out meant a noticeable increase in early morning traffic, but it still was quiet enough I only had to wait less than a minute to get across Jefferson into the southbound bike lane and get the quarter mile or so southward to the diversion channel bike-path entry.
The construction crews have had the bike trail underpass for Osuna blocked off for months now, and I've been fighting my way up to the dangerously busy intersection of Chappel and Osuna to take the longish detou7r across Osuna.  Today  I decided to widen the gap in the barriers by hand, if necessary, to allow my trike to get through and thus avoid the Osuna vehicular cross traffic.  With careful jockeying I found I could get through the barriers without any "barrier adjustment" at all, thus increasing the enjoyment of this stretch of riding immensely.
I thought to myself that I'd just ride as far as I could until 6:30 and then turn around, which actually worked out well today.  I was able to get all the way alongside Paseo Del Norte to the Bosque Trail entrance, and then down almost 3 or so miles before the 6:30 return-to-earth dictum.
It was 7:40-ish or so by the  time I got back for my shave & shower, and almost exactly 9 AM by the time I appeared in the doorway for work.

Ride Started: 5:36 AM    Ride Ended:  7:40 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.2   Ending Voltage: 12.5  Lowest:  12.5
Lowest Temp  64 F      Highest Temp:  67 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles: 12.96
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
   .6.1 MPH                             7.2 MPH                   20.1 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
2 hours 7 mins                      1 hour 48 minutes         18  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment