Thursday, July 14, 2016

Thursday

Today's Tracking via Ham Radio & GPS
I managed to wake up at 4:55 AM today so I was able to find time for another short ride.
In spite of being repetitive, I again found it very satisfying to be out cruising around under my own steam.
Jacque's knee surgery recovery is coming along well, so we expect to be riding together again (of course, even shorter rides for the immediate future) in another week or so.
I encountered quite a few other riders this morning.  They're probably more regular than I am.
I have to laugh at our human sense of "caste" amongst cyclists.  As with automobiles, it often seems the more expensive the ride, the snootier the owner.  About 1 out of 3 or 4 fellow cyclists will wave or pass a greeting of any sort, and the upper crusts of we pedalers don't even look at passersby, nor waste the breath for a greeting.  Oh Well.  Even if no other cyclist was ever friendly, it doesn't hurt ME to wave and say HI to EVERYbody.  It's fun and invigorating to ride so that's the focus for this old fart.
As I went through the stoplight at Edith I noticed the bike trail forked onto a sidewalk leading into the RailRunner station.  I foolishly took the detour "just to see how far and where it went".  It "went" maybe 100 yards and stopped dead at the edge of the parking lot.  Stop, pick up the rear of the trike, turn it around so I could ride back out..... BAH.
Spotted only one hot air balloon in the air this morning, but it was a special shape balloon.... I think it's supposed to be Humpty Dumpty flying upside down with his feet in the air.


Ride Started: 5:26 AM    Ride Ended:  6:42 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.2   Ending Voltage: 12.5  Lowest:  12.5 (Solar-charging the battery during the day doesn't seem to be keeping  it as charged as I  prefer)
Lowest Temp  64 F      Highest Temp:  67 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles: 7.19
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
   .65 MPH                             6.7 MPH                   16.7 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 17 mins                      1 hour 4 minutes         12  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment