Tuesday, July 19, 2016

How About a Half-Hour Ride?

Today's Tracking Actually Worked

Yesterday I noticed my GPS/Ham Radio tracker reported NOTHING at all during the Monday Morning Ride, and found the antenna connection had separated.  I repaired it and today it seems to be back to working the way it's supposed to.
This morning I wanted to get back in a more timely fashion so I decided to see how far I could get in a HALF hour before returning to base.  Which really translates to a one hour ride; the half hour applies to coming and going.
Except coming back is a bit messier and slower.  But I made it almost 5 miles, which makes for almost a ten-miler for the day, haw haw.
Jacque brought her single seat Catrike Pocket back from home to the office and has been riding it around the parking lot in the evenings after work.  It likely will not be long before she's back in the back seat of this tandem trike I've been riding by myself so much recently.  Cycling again seems to be helping her knee replacement to heal and build strength.
I rode off forgetting my GoPro again this morning so no video again, lucky reader(s).

Ride Started: 5:22 AM    Ride Ended:  6:44 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:   13.2   Ending Voltage: 12.9  Lowest:  12.9 (Solar-charging Still during the day)
Lowest Temp  67 F      Highest Temp:  71 F 
Stats from the GPS:    Total Miles: 8.53
Overall average speed            Moving Avg               Max Speed
   6.4 MPH                             7.0 MPH                   20.5 MPH
Total Trip time                       Moving Time             Stopped Time
1 hour 19 mins                      1 hour 12 minutes         7  minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment