Saturday, March 30, 2019

Ridin' in Rain

Saturday Path GPS Tracking

The last couple of days have been rather soggy in our neighborhood.  Today was overcast and drippy but the drizzle stopped around noonish so I wanted to get in a mile or so at least.
I rode the third-mile or so marathon to our closest building and supply to purchase a few dozen wood screws.  We had thousands of these things back in NM before we moved, but they didn't make the cut to get packed and traverse the distance to our new casita in Missouri.  (That, or I just can't find them in the stuff we've unpacked.) 
The screws are needed for some sawhorses I'm slapping together for Jacque to use when she sands and paints and works on our beat-up kitchen cabinet doors.  As well as other wood-butchering projects such as general house maintenance etc.
As I arrived at the building supply store, I thought I felt a tiny drop or two of moisture as I unsaddled to go inside.  The weather had cooled markedly from the last couple of weeks, and I had a wool liner, a windbreaker outer layer for a jacket, fingered mittens, and one of Jacque's famous homemade polar fleece skull caps inside the bike helmet.  I did NOT get overheated.  The temperature was in the low 40's overnight and had slowly gotten COLDER as the sun came up and the day wore on.
I spent perhaps 20 minutes finding and counting and sorting the screws I wanted.  When I came out my polar fleece cap, left on the seat of the trike, was noticeably damp.  As I rode away I could feel the mist lightly hitting me in the face.  It was not enough to make me go directly home, so I "took the long way home" by circling a few blocks.  Once on the trike, it's hard to just give it up, don'tcha know.

Ride Started:  1:46 PM        Ride Ended:  2:14 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  14.3  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9 Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:  240 Ending BG:  184
Lowest Temp:  39 F    Highest Temp:  42 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  1.53
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
   3.2   MPH                           5.8   MPH            
17.6 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped Time
28 minutes                           15
 minutes              13 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment