Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Just Another Cruise Around

Today's Plotted Route, Radio Didn't Work

I saddled up Tuesday 10 March 2020 and thought I had plenty of time to get more miles under my belt.
We have been getting soaked every other day or so here in Missouri, and I really am motivated to get on the trike when the sun is shining.  Often the day will dawn brightly and then turn foggy and rainy within an hour or two, so I really have to pay attention and ride when I can... or let my blood sugar get too high again.
I started out intending to ride out Highway 60, with its nice wide paved shoulders, to the outskirts of nearby Cabool and back, which would have rolled up about 12 miles or so.
But, by the time I got to the preferred on-ramp to 60, it was 4:30-ish and the commuting traffic was thick enough to deter my enthusiasm.   So I just took the overpass across 60 to our friendly local Walmart.
After a short rest break at that luxurious facility, I tried riding farther north on Highway 95 but the narrow shoulder disappeared quickly in less than 100 yards - so I turned back.
I suppose I need to frequent non paved roads more often.  Lacking shoulders, they also lack fast vehicular traffic....

Ride Started:   3:20 PM      Ride Ended:  5:07 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.2  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9   Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:  154      Ending BG: 86
Lowest Temp:  53 F    Highest Temp:    64 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   8.06
Distance Walked: .6 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  4.8 
MPH                             7.4 MPH               22.0 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 1 hour 41 mins
                   1 hour 5 mins       36 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment