Thursday, March 5, 2020

Sunny AND Windy...

Today's Predictable GPS Route

Today was another pretty day with lots of sun..... except for fairly stiff winds.
I skipped riding yesterday, and didn't want to skip another nice day, so with Jacque's encouragement I finally dug the trike out of the garage and took off.  Jacque claims it improves my mood.
Imagine that.
I did a fairly familiar route today, except going the other way around.
I stopped first at our local "Arvest Bank" to use the ATM to get some cash.  Of course I got only twenties out of the machine so I road around to go inside to see a real live teller.
Parking out  front, I was shocked when I went inside and asked for some Fives in exchange for my Twenties I'd just retrieved.  The smiley teller asked if I had an account in this bank, and when I said no, she said "We'll have to charge you a 10% service fee.   Is that okay?"
Almost struck dumb(er), I blurted out "I guess NOT!"
I walked out, rode across the street, and got my twenties exchanged for fives by the nice checkout lady in the Richards Grocery Store.  Forewarned is forearmed, I suppose.  The bank had already charged me a fee for using the ATM, and then they wanted a slice of my cash proceeds.  BAH
It took me a few blocks to cool off in spite of the cool breezes whooshing around me.  Never heard of anyone charging a fee for exchanging legal tender before.  What a world.
Everyone else I encountered on today's ride was much more enjoyable.

Ride Started:   2:30 PM      Ride Ended:  3:39 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.0  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0   Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:  90      Ending BG: 261 (Ate without pumping enough)
Lowest Temp:  57 F    Highest Temp:    68 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   5.86
Distance Walked: .6 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  6.2 
MPH                             7.1 MPH               23.5 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 57 minutes
                         49 minutes            8 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment