Monday, March 9, 2020

Three Went for a Ride

Shortened Route via GPS and Ham Radio


I decided to take Tinkerbell and Lilly "Around Town" with me on Saturday and they didn't object.
The dog-trailer consists of a critter carrier strapped into my B.O.B. trailer, and the passengers are restricted with short leashes so they can move around but hopefully not climb out of the trailer. 


They've  been on several rides with this contraption and so far, so good.
Of course, we had to stop for a potty break along the way.  Lilly is extremely vocal about such situations and we have learned to pay attention when she whines "for no reason".
This trailer is fairly easy to pull, even "loaded" with the 2 mutts.  I DO notice increased effort when climbing hills, but straight and level I hardly notice.

I had planned to make my semi-normal 6-mile ride but started feeling over-fatigued about 2/3 of the way around town, so I cut back across early and came home.
Good thing I did.  I should have tested my blood glucose with a finger-prick and eaten one of my snacks.  My BG (Blood Glucose) was 47, WAY below where I'm recommended to maintain it, and even much lower than most normal humans' average 65.
For some reason I seem to get more honks and waves with the girls riding along.  It couldn't be the fact they are so much better looking than I am....

Ride Started:   2:42 PM      Ride Ended:  3:49 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.3  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9   Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:  90      Ending BG: 47 (Ouch)
Lowest Temp:  57 F    Highest Temp:    67 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:   5.86
Distance Walked: .6 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  4.2 
MPH                             6.6 MPH               21.7 MPH 
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 1 hour 7 mins
                      43 minutes            25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment