Wednesday, March 2, 2022

A SUNBLOCK Day?

 Wednesday GPS Tracking

We wasted most of our day in the big city of Springfield today.  The VA doc looked at my feet and prescribed some "Domeboro Soaks" for  them.  Of course I've never heard of such stuff before but without scary side effects I guess I'll try it for a while.
We afterwards met our Springfield cousins for lunch at Village Inn.  We were having a great time catching  up, but when I stood to take care of the bill, Jacque reached for me abruptly and somehow SPLASHED her tumbler of iced Lemonade all OVER me.  No harm done, of course.  It gives us stories to tell the kids, and if long lived enough, for great grand babies.  I was absolutely soaked from my mid chest to my ankles.  A waitress rushed over to help clean up the mess, and as we were all laughing Jacque (with straight face) told the waitress "I really need to stop DRINKING!!"  The waitress looked at her, shocked, and took it seriously.  We're still giggling about how happy we are that most of our friends and family have a sense of humor:  We can act stupid, tell insult jokes, tease, and come away smiling.  Most of the time....

It was almost 4:00 PM  when we rolled back into Mountain Grove.  Jacque had received notification she had a prescription ready at our favorite and only local Big Box Store.  She had agreed on the way home that I was welcome to use the prescription for another excuse to take a trike ride.  It would have been much simpler to just stop by the Big Box Store  while in the carrito, but that wouldn't have fulfilled my fond wishes for excuses to get fun aerobic effort riding the Catrike.

Of course it took me longer than necessary to get the trike out of the garage and set up with antennas and battery connected for the electronics. 
I almost took off without sunscreen, but it was in the upper 70's and I was wearing only a short sleeve shirt, and while rolling up my pants legs to let in a little more cool AIR I realized with my winter-polished pink skin I needed to apply some sunscreen.  I argued with myself for only  a bit before remembering the many times I've been sunburned and decided I better tend to it.  Of course it took a little effort to find my stash of sunscreen since I haven't ridden with uncovered skin since last Fall.
You might find it funny that I have so many electrical gadgets and electronics on the trike (Ham radio for voice, another Ham radio to transmit my GPS positions to the internet gateway, the GPS, headlight, tail light, etc, etc.  All the while disdaining any electric MOTOR or other alternatives to physical foot-pedaling to get from place to place.  Ya just have to accept or at least realize how Odd I might be.
Pedaling around in this strange contraption often attracts odd looks, at least.  Today several cars approaching me from behind refused to speed up and pass me, in spite of multiple openings and opportunities.  One bold fellow passed me a ROARED his engine as though I might recoil in fright.
BAH, I say.   I still remember being a stupid youngster instead of oldster, loud pipes, peeling rubber without worrying about the cost, etc.  Sometimes that helps....

Ride Started: 4:03 PM           Ride Ended: 5:17 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.7   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.6
Lowest Temp: 68 F Highest Temp: 79 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  220   Ending BG: 120
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 5.11 
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 4.3 MPH                              7.1 MPH            21.8 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
 1 hour 11  mins                   43 minutes         28 minutes

 

No comments:

Post a Comment