Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Projects Finished Almost

Saturday Short Shot GPS Tracking

 Sunday Short Trike Trip Track

Today Tuesday GPS Tracking 

Busy, Busy, Busy.....  I started building a "Tin Roof Shelter" added to the side of the house almost 3 weeks or so ago.  As mentioned previously.   Sorry to bore...


I THINK I'm now mostly finished, with shiny galvanized corrugated roofing, with gutter for to divert the additional rain drainage.  As usual, such a simple project would have taken me 3 or 4 days...... way back before I got so old and slow.  This one took almost a month, though of course spotty weather played a part in stretching it out time-wise. 
Which, of course, occupied time during decent weather -- providing less opportunity for goofing off on the trike, wearing me out withOUT decent aerobic exercise.  That's the best excuse I can drag up for now.
This morning was another nice temperate morning, with scattered clouds hardly blocking warm sunshine. I was able to trim up the edges of the roof, add a gutter, and rest a spell.
I loafed so long I almost lost another beautiful day for taking a scenic ride on my pedal powered machine.  I loafed a couple few hours and - NOT wanting to miss another ride and the souped-up benefits resulting therefrom, saddled up the Catrike and B.O.B. Trailer and got going.
I took the trailer since we had another bag of surplus but good junk to take to the nearby Thrift Store Donation Dropoff.  That was dropped off early and the rest of the trip to our beloved Big Box Store was  pulling the empty trailer.  Not a big drag, since it's light and easy to pull.
Found a couple of the items I wanted at the Store, though out of stock on a couple normally available.
Not surprising in today's crazy world.  Speaking of gasoline, our local prices for the last couple days have hovered at $3.779.  We sigh each time we drive by and see the latest 10 or 20 cent price jump.
Maybe prices will continue to skyrocket and we'll be stuck with only local trips, meaning most would be by human power.... But I digress.  As Usual.
Enjoyed the often - encountered shouts of encouragement, waves  as I trundled by various areas along the way.  A few "regulars" scream out "HEY!!  I want a ride!!"  Or more often from younger folk "Nice Ride!!"  A nearby neighbor calls me "Hey Young Whippersnapper !" even though he is YOUNGER than I am.  Of course at my age this is true of most of the population....
When I left  Big Box, the blue sky overhead was dotted with several large, dark, and rather threatening clouds.  I wondered if I might get soaked on the way home, but not so.  The sun actually came back out on the way.  More than Once...

Ride Started: 4:28 PM           Ride Ended: 6:09 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.7   Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0
Lowest Temp: 64 F Highest Temp: 71 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  242   Ending BG: 140
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles: 4.97
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 3.7 MPH                              7.9 MPH            23.6 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time                Moving Time      Stopped Time
 1 hour 20  mins                   38 minutes        43 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment