Thursday, March 17, 2022

Just for Fun

Thursday Tracking via GPS / Ham Radio 

Today dawned with light haze quickly turning into pea-soup fog.  Thankfully we didn't have to go anywhere.  The news tonight opens with the headline about a 50 - vehicle crash up in northern Missouri, blamed primarily on dense fog.  Mercy.
Thankfully the "soup" burned off after an hour or more, revealing a wonderfully sunny day.
I was able to help a bit with the laundry, walk the doggies, and arrange the trash.
My buddy Jack came to watch a few cartoons with me.  Jack is a Hoot, as previously noted.
It had been a lovely day - most of the day - but I wasted sufficient time in my slow pursuits that I didn't saddle up for a pedal - party until after 4 PM.  I should have taken Jack for a trike ride earlier but he seemed to have the sniffles so we'd stayed indoors.  But what the heck?  We're under federally regulated Daylight Savings Time, with plenty of daylight left in the evening.  So I had no worries - at least compared to the recent winter when the sun disappeared around 4:30 PM. 
For some reason, I decided to readjust my right fender.  It's been wobbling and squeaking for several days, each time needing to be "bumped" back into semi-alignment, with an internal commitment to actually work on it once home again.  Forgotten - of course - as soon as I got home, until riding again.
I guess I had sufficient time to think - before riding - that it might be nice to go ahead and spend a little time maintaining the machine instead of just wearing it out slowly.
Got it tightened up sufficiently and rolled out, with absolutely NO "excuse" or reason for traveling except enjoying the day.  I took a route around the neighborhood, then out Clouse Road toward the Mountain Grove International Airport.  Not the smoothest of byways, but fairly less traveled once past the portion of Highway 95.
Once arriving at the airport, I took advantage of the shade trees at the entrance and took a break. Checked my Blood Glucose and was shocked, shocked, that it was still higher than it's s'posed to be.  Pumped a bit of insulin bolus and headed back.  Wheeler Arch Road, which becomes Clouse Road within city limits, was even rougher in the eastbound lane than on the outbound side.  A few of the bumps made me fear some of my attached contraptions might break or fall off, but all survived so far as I know.  Took a slight detour to visit a neighbor a few blocks from home.
After resting up for a spell, I was able to get a couple more chores done and trim up the gutter on the new shed roof.  Life is Good

Ride Started: 4:13 PM           Ride Ended:  5:15 PM 
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.6   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.5
Lowest Temp: 67 F Highest Temp: 80 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  250   Ending BG: 110
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  5.94
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 5.8 MPH                         7.9 MPH            17.8 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time             Moving Time      Stopped Time
 1 hour 1 minute               45 minutes        16 minute

No comments:

Post a Comment