Friday, March 18, 2022

Soaking WET

 Today's Short and Soggy GPS/Radio Track

We awoke to middling rainfall this morning, after a couple weeks with little or none.
It was soggy enough that I doubted any possibility of pedaling around, but after less than an hour it had stopped.  Still Cloudy, but not raining.
I had just received notice that my driver's license was up for renewal, and I thought I'd be a smarty pants and ride the trike the few blocks over to the local Motor Vehicle office.

No Problem.  Short ride.  As I was parking the trike I noticed dark clouds were again gathering, so I pulled one of my ubiquitous used plastic shopping bags over the trike electronics and went inside.
It being a "government facility", there was one guy waiting in line ahead of me, so I sat myself down and waited.  Mostly patiently.  Within 10 minutes or less I was called to one of the windows and proceeded with the modestly short process.  Another few moments and we heard some rumbling, followed with sheets of noisy rainfall pounding down.  I hoped it would falter but it did not.  I realized within a few minutes that I would get wet on the way home.
Everyone in the facility had a laugh when I was asked to stand in front of the camera for my ID photo.
The nice young lady asked me to bend my knees slightly so my face would center in the photo.
It brought even more laughter when she again asked me to squat a bit, since I was
"Too Tall" for the frame.
Gathered my papers and stuffed them inside my shirt to hopefully keep them dry.  I could have just cooled my heels for a while hoping for the rain to stop but I worried about the trike's electronics being any longer out in the rainfall.
Which turned into a REAL worry when I found the trike outside, soaked, with the "protective" plastic bag GONE, obviously blown away with the sudden storm resurgence.
Of course, with everything sopping wet, it took a bit longer than normal to saddle up and get going again, but in my tiny mind I had no choice but to get under way, pedal fast, and get home as soon as possible.  It wasn't a fun ride but I DID have motivation.
Needless to say, I was SOAKED within a few minutes and even more so when I got home.
Thankfully the temperature was not objectionable;  I was wet and cold but not THAT cold.
It didn't take me long to strip out of all my clothing and replace it with nice dry stuff.
We'll see if it dries up enough to brave another ride before nightfall.....

Ride Started: 11:20 AM           Ride Ended:  11:53 AM 
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.6   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.5
Lowest Temp: 40 F Highest Temp: 53 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  163   Ending BG: 85
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  5.94
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 5.8 MPH                         7.9 MPH            17.8 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time             Moving Time      Stopped Time
 1 hour 1 minute               45 minutes        16 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment