Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Saving or Producing Gas ?

 Wednesday Wobbling GPS Track

I actually got going Early today.  I had a pedicure appointment with Wally at our local California Nails establishment at 9:30 AM, and it's generally at least a 20 minute ride to get there.  These monthly visits are fabulous treatments for my diabeticly sore feet, so I was motivated to get there on time.
Gotta love this spring-like weather - it was around 50 degrees with clear sunshine.  I thought at first I'd just ride with no jacket at all, but it was just cool enough outside that I donned my flaming yellow bike windbreaker, and it AND I did fine.  I had crowded my departure almost to the last possible minute, so I hustled when I could and blew a couple stop sign intersections along the way.  Forgive Please, nobody was looking --
I arrived at the desired spa about 2 minutes ahead of my appointment time.
It's hard to adequately express how good these treatments are for my scraggly feet.  Before Wally started trimming and massaging them, the toenails were just falling apart.  Within maybe TWO monthly sessions, the nails were forming properly, not sore, and not crumbling and falling apart.  All while getting a vibrant back massage in the mechanical chair.  What's not to like....
I had one single item on my Big Box Store list, and that  lies just over the Route 60 overpass, so that was my subsequent stop.  Weather had warmed sufficiently that I left the windbreaker in the saddlebag.  The subsequent  shopping spree was thankfully short, and since my blood sugar wasn't crashing, I took the longer perimeter route to go home.
Watching the local Gas prices as I pedal past the stations makes me even more thankful I can still get around town with foot - pedaling effort.  Gas has stayed "stable" and "low" for maybe 3 days now at $3.779.  "Stable and low" compared to much of the rest of the world.  SIGH
Thus I may be saving Gasoline by fading muscle power.  I'm not going into detail about the producing gas thing.

After getting home exhausted and loafing for a couple hours, I started modifying/improving our new tin-roof shelter.   Of course I can't just call it good enough and leave it alone.  In our climate, exposed lumber tends to gradually soak up moisture and develop rot.  The facing behind the gutter and on the roof sides were bare wood, and I found some aluminum flashing in the scraps left over from the construction of Jacque's new Sewing Room, so I put them to good use.


Ride Started: 9:09 AM           Ride Ended: 11:09 AM 
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.0   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.7
Lowest Temp: 53 F Highest Temp: 68 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  154   Ending BG: 130
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:   5.98
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 3.0 MPH                         6.7 MPH            23.6 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time             Moving Time      Stopped Time
 2 hours 1 minute              53 minutes       1 hour 8 minutes

2 comments: