Saturday, March 19, 2022

Strange Sights

Saturday Very Short GPS Tracking 

Nice Day today - except for being a bit too cold for comfort.  No complaints, though.  Really.
I guess I'm taking a bit of a break between "projects" at the moment since I didn't get anything done to brag (or complain) about.  Which for some reason left me feeling a bit at loose ends.
Late in the afternoon, as usual, I decided I'd get some blood circulation going and take at least a short trike ride out and about. 
I dribbled around and finally got going and rode around a few select local blocks.  I was wearing a Brand New Shirt Jacque just made for me.


Nice.  Jacque keeps me in good threads.   I first thought it would be warm enough, but the breeze outside was a bit nippy so I donned my cycling windbreaker - and didn't regret it.
I slogged around a few familiar blocks and went round the Square and then south just as the Train came roaring through the crossing ahead.  I spotted a rail car carrying US Military Tanks, and was a bit stunned to count 30 or so as the train screamed through.  I fumbled around to get my GoPro camera started, and succeeded..... just as the last tank car passed out of sight.  I haven't seen so many tanks since I was in the Army in 1969.  Even then I'm not sure I've EVER seen so many tanks.  Makes me wonder if they're destined for somewhere other than our good ole USA.  Just mentioning for  a friend.

Ride Started: 5:11 PM           Ride Ended:  5:40 PM 
Beginning Battery Voltage: 14.0   Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0
Lowest Temp: 57 F Highest Temp: 64 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  202   Ending BG: 170
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  1.81
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 6.0 MPH                         8.2 MPH            16.2 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time             Moving Time      Stopped Time
 18 minutes                      13 minutes         5 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment