Saturday, March 26, 2022

Lost and Found ?

 Lost Cause GPS Tracking

Friday dawned clear and sunny.  And Cold.
I had a small package to mail, and the P.O. is only a few blocks away, so I of course dragged out the Catrike to use for the short trip in spite of the cold.
As I crossed a few streets, I recalled that I had mislocated my favorite blood test meter the day prior.
We had searched the house high and low without finding it and finally decided it must have fallen out somewhere along the route of that day's trike ride and was hopelessly lost.  Since I was already out in the cold, and it wasn't as cold as I'd feared, I decided to re-trace my route.  My blood sugar had skyrocketed after breakfast and I needed some exercise to help burn it off.  Perhaps I could find the test kit with a little extra effort.  I could live without it, since I have several other testers - but this one was my favorite.
Of course, riding around offers various distractions, and several times I realized I had covered some ground without paying close attention to the roadway where the missing item might have been visible.
Odd were that even if I DID find it, it might be crushed from passing traffic, or it could have been spotted and picked up by someone other than yours truly.
No luck:  I made the circuit without spotting my prize and got home only slightly disappointed.
The trip had worked wonders on my blood glucose, as it was now almost normal.
I dug out one of my spare testers and put it in my pocket for future use.  SIGH
Jacque and I often laugh about our ability to misplace or lose things, with the ONLY way to find the original being to spend money on a replacement.
This time things worked differently since I had decided NOT to spend money on replacing the tester.
About bedtime, Jacque moved the bench at the foot of the bed and MY TESTER fell off on the floor.
Who knows how it got there, but its "loss" had led me to some early morning exercise.

Ride Started: 10:23 AM           Ride Ended:  11:29 AM 
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.1   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 46 F Highest Temp: 67 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  324   Ending BG: 110
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  5.39
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 5.1 MPH                          6.8 MPH            22.3 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time             Moving Time      Stopped Time
 1 hour 3 mins                   47 minutes         16 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment