Thursday, March 24, 2022

MOTIVATED

Monday GPS Track

Tuesday Tracking SHORT

Thursday Intemperate GPS Tracking 

The last several days have not been too fun.  Almost April and it's been barely above freezing for who knows how long...  Even when the sun peeks out it's been COLD and BREEZY.
Today was not much of an improvement.  41 degrees when we got up and it went down through the most of the day with cold clouds keeping sunlight to a minimum.  It misted, cold and damp, several times.
It certainly didn't promise to be a decent day for pedaling around the neighborhood.
My sweet wifey had a prescription waiting at the local Big Box, so I had the excuse if not the motivation.
The misty  moisture stopped for over an hour late in the afternoon and I niggled at the idea of bundling up and taking the ride.  As usual I was feeling punk from lack of aerobic activity (Exercise in Everyday English).
I have ridden in much colder weather from time to time in times past so.... I dragged out the Catrike and told Sweet Wife that I was going to ride and if the weather got too ugly I'd turn around.
I started out with a nice jacket. thinking I would get warmed up as I rode.  Then I wimped out and traded it for my winter coat. donning skull cap and heavy mittens.  I was not disappointed in my choice of dress.

Passing the second Bank on this route

 After getting my "shopping" done, it had turned somewhat colder and I was inspired by the need to get home.  The wind whipped up a few times, and when directly in my face it slows me down for some reason.  Which only helped me put some steam in my legs to get home more faster.  As I slogged closer to home I actually DID get a tad overheated and wound up unzipping the front of my coat almost all the way.
I was a happy puppy when I got back.  For being able to get inside, take off the shoes, and loaf a little.
Also for the improvement in mood and general outlook.

Ride Started: 4:04 PM           Ride Ended:  5:05 PM 
Beginning Battery Voltage: 13.6   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9
Lowest Temp: 42 F Highest Temp: 46 F
Beginning Blood Glucose:  132   Ending BG: 110
Stats from the GPS: Total Miles:  5.24
Overall Average Speed      Moving Avg       Max Speed
 4.8 MPH                         7.4 MPH            23.7 MPH
Total Trip(s) Time             Moving Time      Stopped Time
 1 hour 5  mins                 42 minutes         24 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment