Tuesday, September 6, 2011

7 Miles One Day in a Row

Jim's Boring Short Monday Ride
Back in the old Recumbent Saddle again this morning.  The weather is getting cooler but the ride this morning was sunny and quite balmy - It will NOT be long before I must wear something more than a day-glo yellow/green cycling shirt for the morning ride.
Awakening BG: 108            Post-Ride BG: 164 
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.7       Ending Voltage: 12.67
Morning Stats from the GPS:        Total Miles:   7.40
Overall average speed         Moving Avg       Max Speed
09.7. Mph                          12.0 mph            23.5 mph
Total Trip time                 Moving Time          Stopped Time
45 mins 59 secs              36 mins 57 secs      9 mins 2 secs

The ride back this evening was, well, different.  The weather had been cloudy and threatening on and off all day, and by the time I left work at 6 PM it looked like it was on  the verge of a downpour.  All the way back to the car as I pedaled furiously it was raining seemingly directly ahead of me and was surely going to soak me.... but it tturned into a VERY pleasant ride.  It sprinkled on me, very lightly, a few times and I felt perhaps 20 little flecks of raindrops in the 7.4 mile ride.  It was just cool enough to be very pleasant.  The diversion channel next to the bike trail was running only a bit of runoff and Carlisle Street was running a couple inches of water maybe 2 feet wide as I crossed it.  So the supposedly dreary weather made for a very nice ride.
I encountered several fellow cyclists, including a pretty lady with a big smile that did not capture well on the camera.  A small group of youngsters passed me a few miles later, on skateboards and a roller scooter, exclaiming admiration of my "ride".  As they passed close by me I was dismayed to smell BOOZE wafting around them.  Mercy, the oldest must have been 8 or 9....
If these are your kids, how about smelling their breath for me?  They were very nice but I worry they were a bit sloshed......


No comments:

Post a Comment