Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday - Still Colder - Still Beautiful for Riding

tracking well today.
The last few days have been suddenly cooler if not downright cold, in part due to welcome rains and in part to theobviously impending colder weather change.
On Friday I did not ride the bike at all since I got off to work too late to allow for a decent ride.  The lunch hour was too crowded for me to get in a ride so I merely did my normal nooner 2-miler walk around several blocks to Honeywell and the Balloon Fiesta Park.
Then, Saturday, was the BIG day.  My oldest daughter Sarah Jo finally let a man catch her and they were sealed in the Temple just after noon.  The whole thing turned into a Devenport and cousins reunion that only Sarah could have inspired:  ALL my children came in from everywhere for the reception, as well as my sister and brother Bruce from Utah with Bruce's wife Shirley.  THREE of my gorgeous cousins came in from Arizona and Utah for the occasion and what an irreverent enjoyable time we had.  Son John came up with his guitar and played us some tunes and we just had a downright great time staying up too late.
Sarah and Justin took off for parts unknown and have not been heard from since.  We all assume they will eventually come up for air......
This morning's bicycle ride was just cold enough that I wore a windbreaker and thus did not lather up with a quarter inch of sunblock as I normally do..  This afternoon it was so overcast that I skipped the dip a second time in the same day.  Fairly stiff headwinds on the way back to the car but it was still great riding weather.
I noticed another rider coming up behind me and got motivated enough I pedaled harder as an experiment (that usually fails) to see if I could stay ahead of him or make him hump if he really wanted to pass me.  Usually when I try this the cyclist passes me about 30 seconds later and turns out to be a fat lady with floppy clothes and baggy britches, not even breathing hard.  I don't know if the guy this afternoon was crippled or developed horrible gas pains or what but I was actually able to keep ahead of him and even increase the gap between us.  Old Farts RULE -
Awakening BG: 185(!)            Post-Ride BG: 68 
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.7       Ending Voltage: 12.7
Morning Stats from the GPS:        Total Miles:   7.45
Overall average speed         Moving Avg       Max Speed
09.9. Mph                          11.7 mph            21.7 mph
Total Trip time                 Moving Time          Stopped Time
44:59 mins                      38:11 mins              6 mins 248 secs
(Evening datum)


Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.7         Ending Voltage: 12.7
Evening Stats from the GPS:                 Total Miles: 7.43
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
10.1.  Mph                          10.5 mph             20.7 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
  43 mins 59 secs              42 mins 20 secs    1 mins 39 secs 

No comments:

Post a Comment