Friday, September 16, 2011

Sherry, Don't Read This One, it's Too Much

friday gps/aprs track link

Sherry, my youngest daughter who is now a registered Okie from Edmond (not Muskogee a la Merle Haggard), told me I was posting too often for her to keep up with it.  So this one she doesn't have to read... but she is required to read and critique all the others.  Anyone knowing Sherry will realize how well she might follow such dictates.
It's getting colder each day.  This morning I was wishing I had on more layers until about the last 2 miles, at which point I finally ripped my windbreaker zipper open and got some of that cold air up into my armpits.
I was a bit more tired than usual today too.  BUT it was STILL a fun day to ride the bike.
When I first started out, waiting for an opening in traffic so I could cross San Mateo, I noticed a chunky gal with short legs on a bike waiting  for the same thing about 200 feet north of me waiting to exit a driveway to cross the street.  When the traffic opened up I cranked hard to stay ahead of her and left her 'way behind, to the point I no longer could see her in my helmet-rear-view mirror.  About 3 miles later as I was northbound approaching the bike underpass at Montgomery, suddenly she was right behind me and coming strong.  I poured on the sweat a bit harder and thought I lost her again.... but no.  She had exited the bike path at Montgomery and gotten on Chappel northbound and was riding parallel to me, on the other side of the diversion channel.  She was also at least 100 feet ahead of me already and cruising.  As we approached Singer street, I noticed she diverted and came back to the bike trail, now behind me again by 75 feet or so.
Short little legs and obviously no athlete....... she passed me like I was backing up. BAH

Awakening BG: 146            Post-Ride BG:  102
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.5       Ending Voltage: 12.4 
Morning Stats from the GPS:        Total Miles:   7.43
Overall average speed         Moving Avg       Max Speed
10.6. Mph                          11.7 mph            21.8 mph
Total Trip time                 Moving Time          Stopped Time
41:59 mins                      38:08 mins              3 mins 51 secs

Not sure what was going on with my metabolism today.  Check3ed my blood glucose before leaving work, it was 180 or so, thus I didn't eat the usual afternoon snack before pedaling away.  It was 138 when I got to the car,  and a few miles later when I arrived at the Temple it was around 167, so I pumped a bit and increased my basal rate to 150 %, but the blood sugar kept climbing even though I hadn't eaten anything since noon.
The diabetes thing is often frustrating because 1 + 2 doesn't always equal 3:  the formulas are not exact and the body is seldom predictable.
As you can see I made the afternoon ride in record time:  The ujsual afternoon headwind was running backwards and was providing a wonderful TAILwind..... really makes a difference.  Maybe that's why my blood sugar stayed so high:  I didn't exert anywhere the normal effort to ride back to the car.
Pre-Home Ride BG: 179            Post-Ride BG:  138
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.4       Ending Voltage: 12.3 (Due for another recharge) 
Evening Stats from the GPS:        Total Miles:   7.33
Overall average speed         Moving Avg       Max Speed
11.6. Mph                          12.9 mph            24.2 mph
Total Trip time                 Moving Time          Stopped Time
37:59 mins                      34:06 mins              3 mins 53 secs

1 comment:

  1. You are doing much more riding than I can during the week. Always enjoy reading and here is my blog also. Thank you for getting me going on the recumbent again.
    http://nmbentblog.blogspot.com/2011/09/new-ride-with-tech.html?spref=fb

    ReplyDelete