Thursday, September 29, 2011

Less Whiney Thursday

Seldom-Changing GPS/APRS tracking of the Beat-Up Bike

Well, the overwhelming sentiment of condolence from all my many friends, family, and associates as to my horrifying discovery of the mortality of my eyeballs has been:  GET OVER IT.  BIG DEAL.  .....Been there, Done That, etc, etc.  Thus I remain refreshed and renewed.
Balloon Fiesta 2011 starts in 24 more hours.  Most days of the year I see at least a few hot air balloons out to the west as I ride to work, but lately they've been hovering very close to the balloon fiesta park, which I ride through every day on the last leg of my bicycle commute.
This short video is of a balloon hauling maybe 12 or more passengers, obviously a tour balloon.  Usually the basket will only hold 2 or 3 people including the pilot.  You'll have to squint to see the many heads peering over the basket:

Awakening BG: 170             Post-Ride BG:  88
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.9       Ending Voltage: 12.7  
Morning Stats from the GPS:        Total Miles:   7.38
Overall average speed         Moving Avg       Max Speed
10.1. Mph                          11.4 mph             21.3 mph
Total Trip time                 Moving Time          Stopped Time
43:59 mins                      38:52 mins              05 mins 7 secs
The ride back to the car in the evenings gets darker and darker.  For the last few evenings it has still been blue-sky and sunlight when I get off work and make ready to ride back, slop on the sunscreen, etc.  -Then, by the time I'm actually riding, the afternoon sun is low on the horizon and sinks to darkness before I'm halfway back to the car.  Soon I won't need sunscreen at all, but will start consuming a lot more AAA batteries since that's what my headlamp and blinky tail lights run on .
Pre-Home Ride BG: 174            Post-Ride BG:  Unk
Beginning Battery Voltage: 12.7       Ending Voltage: 12.7 (Gel Cell Good) 
Evening Stats from the GPS:        Total Miles:   6.34
Overall average speed         Moving Avg       Max Speed
09.5. Mph                            10.1 mph            24.5 mph
Total Trip time                 Moving Time          Stopped Time
39:59 mins                       37:30 mins             02 mins 29 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment