Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Shuckins. Only Did 10 miles today for Lunch

Today's breadcrumb Track
It was raining lightly when I left for work this morning and the streets were wet when I got to Albuquerque.
I wanted to ride the recumbent anyway since the rain had almost stopped but rationalized I needed to pick up a few items at Mesa Equipment (a local hardware store that is sort of a high class Harbor Freight, with reasonable prices and quality tools and manly toys).  I specifically needed some new safety sunglasses, which I use for bike riding goggles, and which I broke my only pair of about a week ago.  After I got to work I decided to look Mesa up on the map to see if it was a bike-able trip from work and it was, although almost a half mile is riding on Second Street NW which has no bike lanes, no shoulders, and a lot of traffic.  I was very glad I made the trip, even though the roads in that part of town are very cracked and rough and rugged.  The weather had cleared up, the sun was high and the sky blue and beautiful with scattered puffy Cumulus clouds, and the breeze was just WONDERFULLY cool:  Ideal cycling weather.
It came out to 9.96 miles on my GPS so I lied and called it 10 miles.  Sue Me
Beginning Battery Voltage:  12.7           Ending Battery Voltage:  12.7 (Charged the big battery last night)
Noon Stats from the GPS:        Total Miles:   9.96
Overall average speed         Moving Avg       Max Speed
08.7. Mph                          11.0 mph            23.5 mph
Total Trip time                 Moving Time          Stopped Time
1 hour 8  mins                   54 mins 7 secs       14 mins 52 secs

No comments:

Post a Comment