Tuesday, March 19, 2019

"Long" Ride to the Doctor's Office

Today's Two-Trip Tracking

I had a 9:00 AM appointment with our local chiropractor this morning, and Jacque had a 10:00 appointment with HER doctor.  So I used it for an excuse to do an early morning trike ride so Jacque could take the Exploder.
We drove to West Plains yesterday and my sciatica was killing me throughout the trip.  I was able to get in the short trike trip in the evening after we got home but the sciatica/back pain convinced me it was time for another adjustment.
It was sunny again this morning, with temperatures around 39 degrees or so, so it was a cool but not uncomfortable ride to the Chiropractor.  Such a distance:  About 1.4 miles.  HAH.  I felt quite a bit better after the treatments and returned home, thinking I was probably done riding for the day.
Howsomever, Jacque called me on the phone after getting out of HER appointment and wondered if we might make a lunch date at the Senior Center here in town.  I dragged the trike back out of the garage and met her there.  We chowed down on some rice & pork stuff that tasted pretty good. Often there are 2 or 3 old timer musicians providing live music during these affairs, 2 or 3 times a week, and today they were playing some lively tunes so Jacque and I danced a couple rounds before leaving.
In Albuquerque, all the live dancing places like Caravan East and Cowboys have closed.  Very difficult to find anywhere to go dancing except at the Square Dancing club.  What do young and middle age folks do that like to dance?  We find it a bit strange that, where Old Farts abound, there are more dance and music options than where the young folks congregate.  In Quartzsite and Yuma, multiple places hold live dances several times a week.  Here in Mountain Grove, I know of no other place where dancing occurs than at the Senior Center.  Go figure.
Riding back toward home afterward, I wanted to get a bit more fresh air so I took the long way home and racked up a whopping few more miles.
I confess by then the feets were complaining again so I soaked them for an hour or so and feel much refreshed now.

Ride Started:  8:39 AM        Ride Ended:  12:29 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  14:3  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9  Lowest Voltage:  12.8
Beginning Blood Glucose:  199 Ending BG:  101
Lowest Temp:  42 F    Highest Temp:  60 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  4.83
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
   6.0                                         6.4                          17.4
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped Time
46 minutes                              43 minutes              3 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment