Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Out to the Sticks and Back

Today's Partial Tracking via GPS and Ham Radio

Today was NOT sunny and clear.  We awoke to wet streets and grounds from rain last night.  Had the soggy weather continued, I would not have had the chance to get out and ride.
The rain must not have lasted much beyond daybreak since none fell once we got up and around.
The morning passed without further moisture so I saddled up and took off for a ride.
I wanted to try - again - the route I'd started but gave up early yesterday.
My feet hardly bothered me at all today, except the last couple of miles as I returned home.  I attribute it to the much cooler temperatures today - my feet like it cold when they start throbbing and burning - and they stayed pretty cool today, as did the rest of my wrinkled bod, in spite of several layers of clothing.
The main road for this ride was Whetstone Road, winding up hill and down dale, through the woods to Gramma's house and beyond.  I worried about some of the deeper downhills knowing full well on a trike that "what goes down must come back up".   Thankfully, the Ozarks ain't the Rockies - even at my age and condition the climbs back out of the "hollers" were not bad at all.
The local humans seem to think the sight of the trike is unusual.  Evidently so do the livestock...
You may have to enlarge to see all faces looking at me...
I was talking on the ham radio to a couple of fellows west of us at Norwood, who warned me it was starting to rain and I was likely to get wet on the trike.  I told them I was only a mile from home so hopefully I would make it home safe and dry.  It started to sprinkle in my face just before I arrived in our driveway and it was raining steadily as I opened the garage door to get the trike inside.
No harm, no Foul....

Ride Started:  1:19 PM        Ride Ended:  3:16 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.8  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.1  Lowest Voltage:  12.1
Beginning Blood Glucose:  231 Ending BG:  63
Lowest Temp:  39 F    Highest Temp:  60 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  9.2
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
   4.4                                         5.8                          19.0
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped Time
1 hour 57 mins                      1 hour 45 mins      12 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment