Thursday, March 21, 2019

Road Warrior's Paradise: WalMart

Today's Fab Tracking via Ham Radio

I'm out of one of my prescriptions so I had the VA direct the prescription to our local Wal Mart.  You know, the megastore everyone claims to hate but buy most of their "stuff" there.
Since the sun again showed its face today and the distance is around TWO miles, of course I rode my trike over there.
Missouri drivers are so far very tolerant of my slow-rolling-roadblock operations, but I hate to get on really busy stretches if I can avoid it.
So instead of riding the main drag (US 95) through town, I rode side streets.
I overtook an old cyclist  (Maybe as old as ME)  and was pleasantly surprised to be able to catch up to him and pass him.  He seemed to be going the same general direction as I, and I wondered if he was also Walmart-bound.  As I rounded a corner several blocks past this encounter, I spotted him AHEAD of me, and lengthening the distance between us.  He was walking his bike when I first passed him, and somewhere in between he evidently decided to cheat by getting up on his 2-wheeler and pedaling instead of walking.  SIGH.  Getting to where I can't even keep up with cripples or old ladies...
Sam Walton's Finest had my prescription ready - and for only 4 bucks.  Such a deal.
The only high traffic area I had to ride was across the overpass where 95 crosses over Route 60 just before arriving at Walmart.  The Walmart parking lot. of course, is almost always a high traffic area, but no close encounters were encountered.
I'm surprised at how many mutts are allowed to run loose in this burg, even itty bitty dogs like the one who squealed across the street at me on the way home.  He didn't try to attack me, just yapping and chasing for a few feet, and I didn't even try to outrun him.  Not that I could have anyway....

Ride Started:  12:18 PM        Ride Ended:  1:33 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.9  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9 Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:  211 Ending BG:  74
Lowest Temp:  50 F    Highest Temp:  64 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  5.21
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
   3.8   MPH                           6.3   MPH            
18.0 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped Time
1 hour 22 mins                      49 minutes            32 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment