Thursday, August 1, 2019

GPS - YAY - Lost Again

Today's Tracking to Nowhere and Back
No Relation to Today's Blog, just our Contented Kitty
Today's Wandering was good exercise, but a bit hard for my feeble brain.
I rode in one of the general directions I have ridden before, but instead of turning in the right direction I continued way south on Bell Crossing.  I thought it should intersect with South Wall eventually, but I kept going and going up and down unfamiliar hills - all the while thinking I was heading more or less due east when in fact I was headed more or less due SOUTH, farther and farther away from any desired destination.  When I finally recognized what the GPS and Iphone were telling me, I had gone an extra mile or so down several very steep hills and now realized I had to go back much of the way I came, UP those steep hills in grandma gear, which I had just overheated my brakes coasting DOWN.
BAH.  No worries... that's what 27 speeds on a trike are good for, especially the smallest front chainrings.  I finally got back to recognizable territory and decided to detour over to my favorite barber Rhett's Barber Shoppe for and ear-lowering session. Ten bucks later my head was lighter and I rounded the last few turns toward home.
I tend to avoid planning routes in advance, usually enjoying different sights & sounds as I bum around in unfamiliar places.  I prolly should start planning at LEAST a LITTLE.


Ride Started:  11:54 AM      Ride Ended:  2:18 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.0   Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9 Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:   67   Ending BG: 172
Lowest Temp:  71 F    Highest Temp:  78 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  9.31
Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  4.8   MPH                           6.9  MPH              25.8 
MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 1 hour 56
 mins                   1 hour 20 mins        35 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment