Monday, August 5, 2019

Let's Get Crackin'

Today's Trivial Tracking (GPS)

Non-GPS Plotted Route

My back and neck have been "bothering" me for about the last 3 weeks.
Thus my determination to trike over to the Chiropractor clinic of Dr. Brown this morning, thence to ride a few more miles somewhere.
When I got to the Dr.'s office, I casually mentioned I had a slight "Crick" in the right side of my neck.
When he started "working" on me, there was an audible "CRACK" when he popped both my lower back  and then my neck.  The relief was immediate in both spots.
I then rode a little over 5 miles on a route I'd taken  before.... but in reverse path.
No noteworthy incidents occurred.  I stopped a couple or three times to rest the feet in the shade, and arrived home in good order. 
I left the trike parked outside the garage in case any other short trips might occur.
Which turned out to be a good thing, because my new Z-coil open sandals had been delivered  on the  porch.  After enjoying trying them out walking around, i wore them for a short trip to the Post Office to mail a letter to Missouri Motor Vehicles:
Z-Coil Sandals
And they turned out to be quite comfy pedaling as well as walking.  We'll see how they work out the rest of this warm weather.
The letter to MO Motor Vehicles was an application for Ham Radio Callsign plates.  In New Mexico this application process is fairly simple and costs a very reduced rate of $2.50 or so.
Here in MO it costs $15 and an hour or so online, printing out the 3 forms (not available at our local motor vehicle office) and filling them out according to the lengthy instructions. 
Oh Well.  Most everything else in MO costs quite a bit less than in NM.....

1st Ride Started:  11:14 AM      Ride Ended:  12:25 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  14.0  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0 Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:  98      Ending BG: 48
Lowest Temp:  67 F    Highest Temp:  75 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  5.69
Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  4.7   MPH                           7.1  MPH              19.5 
MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 1 hour 12
 mins                   48 minutes          23 minutes

1st Ride Started:  11:14 AM      Ride Ended:  4:52 PM
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  1.01
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 12
 minutes                        8 minutes              4 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment