Friday, August 2, 2019

Low Sugar Wandering

Today's GPS/APRS Tracking

In Missouri's warm humid climate, I like to do my triking as early as possible, even though I rarely accomplish it.
I've had about a 50% failure rate with my insulin pump infusion sets recently, but the one I inserted last (yesterday or day before) is working so well I'm not at all used to it.
Ferinstance, this morning Jacque fed me a nice tasty breakfast before I rode away.  Yet within a mile or so I started feeling squirrely and my blood glucose tester revealed a rather low reading of 60-something.  I ate a couple of my emergency cookies, set the insulin pump to reduced levels.
After I resumed riding after a short break, I continued feeling out of sorts.  I chugged along for another couple miles and again my glucose tested low, so I ate a couple more "recharge" cookies.
My resumed pedaling was pleasant enough but I still did not resume feeling on top of the world.

But, no problem.  After getting home and cooling off for a few minutes, I was close enough to the "Top".
I had planned on riding out to Cabool, maybe 6 miles east on Highway 60 and back, but when I saddled up the trike I noticed.....
BALD Spots.... Bad News
Seeing these hi-mileage tire indicators helped me reconsider a shorter ride today.
I first rode the less than a mile distance to the Post Office to mail a larger than normal envelope to Tennessee Tyler.  Then I rode a relatively familiar around-town route.  The gate to the City Wastewater Treatment Plant was wide open today so I rode in, hoping my olg GPS mapping was correct in showing an entrance on one end and an exit on the other.  Of course there was no such route so I rode in about a half mile and then returned out the same gate from which I'd entered.
A few breaks and a few miles later and I was happily home.
When I got home I installed a new Schwalbe tire on that left-front rim and ordered another one to have on hand for the next time I need a tire replacement.


Ride Started:  9:30 AM      Ride Ended:  11:16 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.8  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0 Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:   101   Ending BG: 62
Lowest Temp:  71 F    Highest Temp:  82 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  6.32
Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  3.9   MPH                           6.3  MPH              16.4 
MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 1 hour 37
 mins                   1 hour                  37 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment