Friday, August 9, 2019

Wal-Mart Tripping

Today's Usual 5-Something Mile Ride

Well, yesterday I was tied up trying to renovate our master bathroom in our 90+ year old house.
It was probably last renovated maybe in the 1960's but it's still pretty old and showing its age.
I actually got more exhausted bending and twisting around in the bathroom, both on my knees and sitting on a stool, chipping and peeling old plastic wall tiles off.
Thus I got all hot and sweaty and exhausted without even sitting on the trike.
Today, however, I needed to "run" to Walmart to get a refund and then next door to Ace Hardware.  Since nothing in this town is more than about 2 or 3 miles away, it makes no sense to drive the car when it only takes an hour or so to make the run on the trike, right??  RIGHT.
It was cloudy and cool this morning, with forecasts calling for "Showers".  I didn't see any real clouds within danger range, so I took off without changing into my "riding shorts" nor applying the usual coating of gunk for sun-block.  Of course, about halfway home, suddenly the sun came out, making things instantly noticeably hotter, and it stayed hot the rest of the day without a single sprinkle of rain so far as we noticed.
I'd planned to resume sweating out the bathroom work when I got home, but our local woods craftsman called and told me, while still triking on the way home, that our butcher block counter tops were finished and he was ready to deliver them.
WOW, do they improve the looks of the kitchen - and the whole house, for that matter:
So, even though that totally stopped progress on the bathroom all day, it was a welcome addition, even though it will likely take another 2 days' bite out of the time for the bathroom.
For one thing, I bought some expensive glue/sealant to put this new sink and counter top in place, but try as I might, I cannot find any of my two caulking guns with which to apply the sealant.  I've searched everything, RV, house, basement, garage 3-4 times - and cannot find the needed device.
The only surefire way I know of to find them is to go buy ANOTHER one, which will instantly result in my finding the others.  SIGH

Ride Started:  10:30 AM      Ride Ended:  12:09 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.6  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0 Lowest Voltage:  13.0
Beginning Blood Glucose:  67      Ending BG: 99
Lowest Temp:  71 F    Highest Temp:  78 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  5.60
Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  5.3   MPH                           7.1  MPH              16.4 
MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 1 hour 41
 mins                     48 mins                 53 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment