Thursday, August 15, 2019

More Toodling Around Town

Today's Travels (per GPS and APRS)

Today we got up at the Ungodly hour of 5 AM so we could direct  Godly studies for the Mountain Grove Seminary class.  What a bunch of great teenagers.
This got us home just before 8 AM, leaving plenty of time for work and joyful exercise, i.e. riding the trike(s).
Jacque decided she and the puppy dogs wanted to ride too, so I backed her Catrike out of the garage too.
We rode together for a half mile or so and then Jacque turned north and I kept going south on Wall Street.  I thought to myself that I had ridden south this way at least a few times, and today I would just ride the reverse route.
This ride reminded me why I like to ride this country so much.  In spite of the heat and humidity,  there are lots of pretty areas with shade to take breaks in.  Which I took advantage of freely.
One of the pretty places is right in our own yard:
Surprise Lilies
These short term flowers seem to pop up everywhere, pretty much overnight.  All this heat and humidity result in some good, besides the discomfort when it gets much over 70 F.
As usual, all drivers I encountered gave me lots of space and wide berths, very nice since the roads were quite narrow most of this route.
Jacque wound up finding and following yard sale signs and found some good stuff along with the great exercise.
This day, the humidity wasn't as bad as usual and our rides were quite comfortable.
When I got home I wasn't even soaked with sweat, unlike most days.

Ride Started:  9:42 AM      Ride Ended:  10:51 AM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.7  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9 Lowest Voltage:  12.5
Beginning Blood Glucose:  294      Ending BG: 108
Lowest Temp:  71 F    Highest Temp:  78 F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  6.10
Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  5.1   MPH                           701  MPH              18.6
MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 1 hour 11
mins                   53 minutes             18 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment