Monday, March 21, 2011

Another Lovely Monday

The ride back to the  car tonight was likely the worst wind I've so far endured - maybe ever in my LIFE.
Still, I can't complain too muchly:  I never fell over, though the 50+ mph gusts certainly wobbled me all over the paved path.  Thankfully there were few other riders encountered, so collision danger was minimal.
My nose and face were SO dry when I finally staggered back to the carrito... I actually snorted water from my water bottle into my nostrils to moisten them.  Of course it made me cough and gag, but it was also almost immediate relief from the burning dusty dryness.  Then I promptly drank both 16 oz. water bottles on the 25-mile car trip the rest of the way home.
Evening stats from the GPS:    Total Distance Miles:  7.44
Overall average speed     Moving Avg      Max Speed
07.8  Mph                       08.6  mph            18.9 mph
Total Trip time               Moving Time    Stopped Time
57:02 mins                      51:15 mins             05:35 mins 

This morning's Steve Stucker Weather Alarm was for high winds for much of the state.  The ride early this morning was fine with little to no wind, but when I went for my noon walk it was all I could do to avoid losing my hat.  Had to scrinch it down so hard on my skull that my head hurt, but at least I didn't have to chase the hat out across the street and into traffic.  Very dusty and brown air -- it will doubtless be a hard slog home since the wind is blowing north and of course I must go south 5 of the 7 miles back to the carrito.
My little cheapie "sport-cam" DV005 is quite useless... it takes very flaky pictures while in motion, and if I'm sitting still the cell phone does a better job with less twiddling.  We'll see if I can get my 25 bucks' worth out of it before I throw it away..... the online reviews are not encouraging (should have referenced those BEFORE I ordered the dern thing) and the plastic clip almost fell completely apart when I pulled it out of my pocket  to ride the bike this morning.  The total lack of any viewfiinder or picture viewer makes it very hard to point it in a good direction to actually capture what I'm wanting to record.   BAH
Starting BG:  144      Post-Ride BG:  84
Morning Stats from the GPS:                       Total Miles:  7.43
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
10.2  Mph                          11.2 mph             20.2 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
43:29 mins                          39:49 mins            03:40 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment