Monday, March 28, 2011

Dropsy and Dressing Too Hot

Mercy, what a warm wonderful afternoon.  I went for a jacket-less walk during the noon hour and the ride back to the car tonight was a bit windy but still very pleasant.
I've been running the toy video camera with various mountings and just running the camera continually during the rides and deleting most of it when I get to the download /video editor computer.  It appears the best way to ensure nothing interesting happens during a bike ride is to keep a video camera running during said ride.
I normally encounter odd situations and funny sights almost every time I ride.  BAH

Starting BG:  168       Post-Ride BG:  108 (after large restaurant meal)
Evening Stats from the GPS:                       Total Miles:  7.45
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
09.7  Mph                          10.8 mph             22.0 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
46:07 mins                          41:27 mins            04:41 mins 

No, I didn't succumb to a sudden urge to wear Orange Spandex.  I dressed just as I did 3 days ago on Friday's bicycle commute and I was surprised at how WARM it was this morning.  About halfway through the commute I was forced to stop.  I saw a flash of yellow drop off the front cargo rack onto the pavement, realized it was my reflective light duty (for warm days, should have worn it TODAY) visibility vest, and with unkind words to myself screeched to a halt in the bike path and walked back to pick it up.  While I was re-fastening it with the bungee clips and cords I decided to peel off my outer layer, unzip the light jacket underneath, and take OFF the mittens that last Friday were frostbite-cold and today were much too warm.  Reme, a co-worker who also rides his very speedy carbon-fiber bike to work, had passed me a few minutes earlier and I'd been keeping up with him, maybe a hundred or so feet behind, when I lost the vest.  So that little delay put him so far ahead I never saw him again until I got to work.
Starting BG:  154      Post-Ride BG:   114
Morning Stats from the GPS:                       Total Miles:  7.42
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
08.7  Mph                          11.6 mph             23.4 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
50:59 mins                          38:22 mins            12:36 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment