Monday, March 7, 2011

Stop the Monday Madness

The wind was howling pretty good this afternoon, and had only changed direction slightly by 5:00...
Jacque was in town and called to offer me a ride to the car.  I wussed and rode with her.  Hopefully the storm will calm down a bit by tomorrow.

 It was surprisingly warm this morning when I got up:  40 degrees outside, which meant I didn't have to build a fire in the wood stove and was thus able to leave for work about 20 minutes earlier than when I mess with the ashes, lighting the fire, stoking it up so it will still be warm with coals by the time I've got my lunch constructed and ready to go, etc.  It was quite dark and cloudy but very little wind [yet].  The forecast for today calls for chances of snow or rain this afternoon.  Might be a good thing even though it might mess up my go-home bike ride... we surely need the moisture.

Awakening BG:  120      Post-Ride BG:  102
Morning Stats from the GPS:                       Total Miles:  7.44
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
10.1  Mph                          11.6 mph             20.8 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
44:03 mins                          38:37 mins            05:26 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment