Thursday, March 24, 2011

Glad I have a Ski Mask

On the way back to the car I passed a guy sitting off the side of the bike path on a 4-wheeler off-road vehicle.  I stopped about 50 feet past him and turned around to watch him and sure enough, he started up and drove down the bike path after letting 2 or 3 cyclists go by.  I tried to film him but of course my dinky camera was not working when I needed it.

 Starting BG:  46 (ate a ton of carbs)      Post-Ride BG:  124
Evening Stats from the GPS:                       Total Miles:  7.42
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
09.9  Mph                          11.0 mph             21.7 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
45:26 mins                          40:32 mins            05:08 mins



Today's weather guesser forecast calls for "renewed high winds, especially in the afternoon."
When my alarm went off at 4:30 AM this morning, I was so strongly attached to my pillow that I promptly dozed off "for a few extra winks" and awoke an HOUR later, at 5:30, which put me at work by 8:40 AM.  Good thing I have some compensatory time in the bank, so I don't have to work overtime to make my hours this week.
We had rapidly warming weather the last week or so, but this week has been cold and blustery, especially in the mornings.  I had stopped using my ski face mask because of the nice warming trend as well as my leather high-top shoes which have been necessary all winter to keep the footies from freezing.  I'm still using tennie-runners now, but my face has suffered recently every time I try to ride in the morning without the ski mask velcro'd to my face.
I tried my silly little cheap "sport-cam" again today, this time attached  to the radio mount on my handlebars.  The resulting video is much too bouncy to be useful, but someday I'll find a decent way to get usable video from it.
Here's  a sample of wobbly handlebar - mounted video footage:
(Warning - This could give you a head-ache watching.....)
Again, kindly ignore the 2008 timestamp - this cheapo resets to 2008 each time the cam is turned off and then on again.
Starting BG:  139      Post-Ride BG:  190(!)
Morning Stats from the GPS:                       Total Miles:  7.45
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
09.7  Mph                          11.5 mph             22.5 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
45:59 mins                          38:54 mins            07:05 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment