Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wednesday - Where's My Global Warming??

The first 2 days of this week were getting warmer, seducing one's mindset to the idea that spring and warmer weather is finally here.  Of course, everything is relative, and a howling windy day like 2 Mondays ago makes other days seem mild and beneficent by comparison.  Today we woke up to 28 degrees at home and frost on the car windows and roof.  It was 40-something when I drove in to Albuquerque but it sure felt COLD on my hands and fingers, especially, while riding.
This morning was another knuckle- numbing ride.
At noon I rode 4.3 miles to Twisters at Journal Center to meet my daughter Susie for lunch.  I got there a few minutes early and Susie seemed to take forever to finally arrive, and when she did the wait was worth it... she had stopped to pick up SARAH JO to join us for lunch!  How fun, lots of cackling and giggling ... hopefully we didn't drive the other diners nuts.
My cheapie DV 005 "sport cam" died on me today.   When I pulled out the 16 Gigabyte SD card, it had some corrupted files on it.  The cam will not link to any PC now unless the SD card is removed.  BAH
Do NOT waste your money on these toy cameras.  I think I paid maybe 27 or 37 bucks for it via Ebay and it has truly not lasted a full week.  Guess for now I'll go back to fumbling with the cell phone for photos and videos.  BAH
Starting BG:  75       At-Home BG:  142 (before dinner)
Evening Stats from the GPS:                       Total Miles:  7.42
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
10.1  Mph                          11.5 mph             24.2 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
43:59 mins                          38:36 mins            05:23 mins 

No comments:

Post a Comment