Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tuesday Twaddling

Very pleasant temperatures riding back from work this evening.  I stopped to unzip my removable sleeves from my windbreaker  and realized I was so heated up I just took it entirely off and rode the rest of the way in shirtsleeves.  Many joggers are starting to appear, with gas prices going the way they are (currently $3.25 and rising) we'll soon be seeing big numbers of new and returning cyclists on the trails.
BG before ride home:  219   BG after getting home, before dinner:  76
Evening stats from the GPS:    Total Distance Miles:  7.35
Overall average speed     Moving Avg      Max Speed
9.4  Mph                             11.1 mph            21.7 mph
Total Trip time                Moving Time     Stopped Time
  46:54 mins                       39:43 mins          07:11 mins

Great ride this morning, although I seemed to run out of gas about halfway through.  My insulin pump ran out of insulin maybe 10 minutes earlier.  I tend to think if I'm exercising I can get along without insulin but it just ain't so for me.  I struggled with the few slight hills on the commute this morning.
There's a grade school somewhere close to the bike trail (Comanche) and Washington Street.  There are almost always at least a handful of kids walking to school, loaded down with books and backpacks.  I often have to wait for them to clear the bike crossing, since like cars they seem unaware they are blocking bike traffic.  This morning a little girl spotted me crossing in front of her and started yelling how cool the bike was, etc, etc.  The younger kids normally shout out to me how nice the bike is, with all the blinkies and GPS and radio paraphernalia on it, while the older people tease me by calling me Inspector Gadget.  Guilty-
Awakening BG:  177  Post-Ride BG:  203 (Insulin pump ran dry during the ride)
Morning Stats from the GPS:                       Total Miles:  7.43
Overall average speed      Moving Avg         Max Speed
08.7  Mph                          10.2 mph             18.8 mph
Total Trip time                   Moving Time       Stopped Time
51:04 mins                          43:38 mins            07:26 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment