Thursday, September 19, 2019

RedFace Thursday

Today's Plotted Track; Internet Blinky Again

My feets were a bit more painful than usual this morning, and my blood sugar checked high, so I had the conflicting thoughts of staying off the trike because of the pain, or get on the trike to help burn off the carbs causing the high blood sugar.  Since I'm convinced exercise actually helps - long term - with the foot pain, I took off on the trike in spite of the pain.
Which didn't result in any excess agony, though I did stop for an extra rest break or three.
Sandals Off, Air and Shade Cooling
As I approached a large farm building with surrounding acreage, I heard what sounded like a helicopter coming in for a landing.  My memory still holds many memories of Vietnam and stateside chopper pilots coming in and taking off, from the OH-13's depicted in M.A.S.H. to the Loaches (LOH-6) and Hughey guships (UH-!B and many variants).  I craned my neck to see if I could see the incoming aircraft, but could see nothing whatsoever flying around.  As I passed the farm building and craned my neck even more to spot the whistling chopper blades, I noticed when I bent my neck to the rear, the sound was coming more from the front.  Embarrassed was I when  I realized there was no helicopter blades causing the whistle, but my own brake strap was hanging in the wrong direction and was rubbing slightly against the left tire, causing the distracting noise.  BOTHER
The weather here in Missouri is slowly cooling off and it helps that it hasn't rained in 2 or 3 weeks, but it still gets warmish out in the direct sun.  By the time I got close to home it was almost noon and VERY little shade was available.
Very nice to get inside the house and listen to the Air Conditioner burning up money. Well worth the cost.....

Ride Started:   10:44 AM      Ride Ended:  12:03 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.0  Ending Battery Voltage:  13.0   Lowest Voltage:  13.0
Beginning Blood Glucose:  229      Ending BG: 166
Lowest Temp:  75 F    Highest Temp:  78  F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  7.91
Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  6.0 
MPH                              7.7 MPH              26.3 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 1 hour 19 mins
                   1 hour 1 min          18 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment