Thursday, September 12, 2019

Tracking Tools on a Trike

Today's Wandering Track

I taped and mudded some drywall repair in the master bathroom yesterday.  The mud was from an unmarked bucket I found in the garage that looked, indeed, like genuine  drywall mud, and mixed into a nice paste that was used to do a fairly nice job repairing the butchered corner in the bathroom.
Imagine my deep dismay to awake this morning and see the tape hanging from various places, and the dried "taping mud" had turned back into a loose powder.  Either it wasn't actually taping mud OR it was so old that it has lost any binding power.
SO I had a great excuse to take a trike ride this morning to procure (1) some real, up-to-date taping mud and (2) to purchase a 2.5 mm hex key wrench to carry on the trike for adjusting the rear-view mirrors.  No matter how I tighten the joints on the mirrors, trike road vibrations eventually work it loose and the mirror slides to angles un-useful for my viewing.
Of course, I had to pad the trip with a few extra miles, so I took a familiar "Long Way Around".
Evidently missing a few days of decent riding allows my legs to go blah, because I had to stop a little more often and endured a bit more foot pain than I'm recently used to.
No matter.  It was still fun, pain or no pain, and as always elevated my mood just being out in the sun and breeze, which wasn't always favoring me.  No Matter.
I rode Route 60's abundant shoulder to the middle exit to Mountain Grove and Walmart, which is just south of my target store:  Ace Hardware.  They turned out to have what I needed, though it took a while to search for the items needed.
I had thought about taking a Cold Coke Break at the 50-cent outdoor vending machine in front of Wal Mart afterwards, but I had been gone so long I decided I should just point toward home.
Jacque had an appointment that she had to leave for at 1:00-ish and it was after noon by the time I left Ace.  I made it home with a bit of time to spare.
Jacque's audiologist appointment in West Plains today and, after she left, I was left with the trike for transportation only.
Which turned out to not be necessary.  I was poking around in the basement with a flashlight when I noticed a strong leaking dribble of water coming out out of the water line coming into the house.
So I didn't have to make any subsequent trike trips.... today at least.  The water turned out to be leaking below AND above the floorboards, and I had to drill and cut through soggy wood in the floor of both the house and the kitchen sink cabinet.
So currently we're restricted to limited water, and I must shut the water main off tonight to avoid losing however many gallons per night we've recently been losing.  We had noticed our last water bill seemed a bit large for a family of two, but until today had not realized we had a round-the-clock LEAK.
OH the joys of remodeling a house built in 1926..... sigh.
It's a wonderful thing I have trike riding to "Elevate My Spirit".

Ride Started:   10:22 AM      Ride Ended:  12:33 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.0  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9   Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:  195      Ending BG: 93
Lowest Temp:  75 F    Highest Temp:  82  F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  8.73
Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  4.1 
MPH                              8.0 MPH              26.8 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 2 hours 8 mins
                 1 hour 5 mins         1 hour 3 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment