Thursday, September 26, 2019

Riding for RootBeer

Today's Roundabout Riding

The weather is cooling off, finally, here in Wright County Missouri.  Still, I should have ridden earlier in the day.  I wanted to get a shelf built under the kitchen sink for the Mistress of the House, and foolishly thought I could get that accomplished in a couple of hours.  Har. Har.
It was nigh on to 3:00 PM before I screwed the last screw for that project, and my conscience allowed me to saddle up the trike for a ride.  My feet and legs were already pooped because of all the bending and twisting, and my blood sugar already a bit low, but I need those trike miles to keep my metabolism and mood uplifted.
My excuse for a "triketrip" today was lack of diet root beer, a critical component of life for me.
I have purchased several cartons of Barq's Diet Root Beer, the tastiest available, from Amazon mail-order in the last couple of years.  We recently stopped buying the mail order stuff (diet Barq's is seldom available in stores, and may soon be dropped from production altogether), choosing to buy diet A&W locally instead.  So I intended to just trike up to Walmart, about a 5 mile trip, get a carton of fizzy stuff along with a few other items, and pedal back home again.
I wanted to do more than my usual +- 5 miles, so I took the "Long Way Around" to get there.
I stopped for a short rest/shade break at the never-busy local airport, resuming my pedaling within about 5 minutes or so.  My feet seem to be slowly getting better - probably largely due to the weather getting cooler in this fall season.
When I arrived at the Big Box store and chained up the trike outside on the sidewalk, I was stunned, STUNNED, to find absolutely NO diet A&W anywhere in the store, when they usually have a shelf full of the stuff.  So I bought a couple of small items we needed, ate a snack to beef up the sagging blood sugar reading, and went home.  Back to Amazon it is, for Diet Root Beer of all things.
Whoever thinks Big Box Stores always have what you need or want..... Think Again.

Ride Started:   2:58 PM      Ride Ended:  5:13 PM
Beginning Battery Voltage:  13.0  Ending Battery Voltage:  12.9   Lowest Voltage:  12.9
Beginning Blood Glucose:  74      Ending BG: 92
Lowest Temp:  71 F    Highest Temp:  78  F
Stats from the GPS:  Total Miles:  9.81
Distance Walked: 1/2 mile
Overall Average Speed       Moving Avg          Max Speed
  4.4 
MPH                              8.3 MPH              25.1 MPH
Total Trip Time                   Moving Time        Stopped  Time
 2 hours 12 mins
                 1 hour 11 mins      1 hour 1 minute

No comments:

Post a Comment